All About A.T.S.
information provided by A.T.S.
A.T.S. began in 1985 and merged individual's tastes, backgrounds, and influences into a thoroughly uncatagorizable fusion of all styles and sound. The band members are Evan Knauer (guitar and vocals), Mike Marcinko (bass and vocals) and Kip Ruefle (Drums and Vocals). Influences range from Zeppelin, Neil Young, George Clinton, Ornette Coleman, James Blood Ulmer, Frank Zappa, Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams, the Minutemen & Eugene Chadborne, just to name a few.
A.T.S. has been called everything from Cow-Punk, Punk-a-Billy, Pos tIndustrial Urban Power Twang , Art Pop Fusion, Fission or just good original music. One writer called A.T.S. Punk musicians playing Jazz, but that only scratches the surface of the talent, potential and chops of this band. Today their melodic-edged-jazz-improv would be considered alternative rock.
A.T.S. has toured all over the East Coast and continued to release independent products over the last 10 years. A.T.S. has also written soundtracks to several independent movies, and maintains their own publishing company (Another True Story Publishing), which includes film, painting, arts videos, short stories, novels and plays which are the creation of other artists within the Pittsburgh Music community.
- Evan Knauer - Guitar and vocals
- Mike Marcinko - Bass and vocals
- Kip Ruefle - Drums and vocals
All recordings have been re-released in back catalogues, 2000, 20001, 2002 available exclusively via http://www.mp3.com/a-t-s.
- "Hog Wild for Alycia", ATSMusic, 1986
- "Hog Wild for Rudi," ATSMusic, 1987
- "Anti-Christ/Runaway Barge," 7" single, ATSMusic, 1988
- "A.T.S. Live ?89!," ATSMusic, 1989
- "Armadillo Serenade," ATSMusic, 1990
- "Sepco, BLueDuck Records," 1992
- "Blood Drive," ShimmyDisc, 1994
- "Axe of Free Will," ShimmyDisc 1995
- "Live at the Lava Lounge," ATSMusic, 1997
228 Morewood Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213